February 26th, 2011
- Nothing much, in terms of big name stocks.
- 10 a.m. — February ISM manufacturing numbers are due in one of the most important reports of the month. The consensus is for the manufacturing activity index to hit 60.5. Last time, the index — which is based on a survey of purchasing managers — jumped to 60.8. That was its highest level since 2004, on an index where readings above 50 point to expansion.
- Throughout the day — February domestic auto sales figures are dribbled out throughout the course of the day.
- 10 a.m. — Bernanke presents his monetary policy report to the Senate Banking Committee, as he begins two days of testimony on Capitol Hill delivering his semiannual report on monetary policy.
- 10 a.m. — Treasury Secretary Geithner testifies before U.S. House Financial Services panel on mortgage finance reform in Washington.